Get Lotto Certified
To sell, validate or payout lottery tickets, you must be certified by BCLC. The course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Register for training
- Enter your first and last name (as submitted in Retailer Database), your retailer number (the 4-digit number used to sign onto the lottery terminal), and follow the prompts.
- Copy and paste the User ID and a temporary password provided, and select “sign in”
Sign in and complete your training
- Sign in to BCLC Learning using the User ID and temporary password (case sensitive), and follow the prompts to create a unique password
- Read the material and answer all the quiz questions correctly
Congrats, time to print your certificate!
- Print or save your certificate from the history link on the BCLC Learning Homepage (your learning account will be closed once you have completed and exit the course)
- Your name will be automatically added to BCLC’s list of certified retailers
- Your certification will remain valid as long as you sell lottery. It will expire one (1) year after you stop working with lottery.
Read these step by step instructions on how to sign up and complete the course.
I clicked the button but nothing happens – how do I access the course?
You may have to adjust your browser’s settings so it allows pop-ups for BCLC Learning. Follow these instructions:
I can’t seem to register for training?
Before new staff can register for training, their names must be added to the BCLC Retailer Database. If you are having trouble, please confirm with your supervisor. Please also make sure your first and last name are spelled the same as listed in the Retailer Database.
Where’s my certificate and how do I print it?
Read these step by step instructions on how to print
Using a mobile device?
Please note: Lotto! Certification may not be fully supported on Mac and mobile devices including phones and tablets. If you experience difficulties, try accessing the course on a desktop with a stable Internet connection.
Adobe Flash Requirements
An updated up to date version of Java and/or Adobe Flash Player version 10 or higher is required. BCLC Learning will identify what application is needed to play the course based on the computer and prompt for updates required.
How long does the certification last?
Certification remains valid as long as the Lottery Retailer continues to operate the lottery terminal or handle lottery products, or until a new certification standard becomes effective. Lottery Retailer certification expires one year after the day the individual ceases to operate as a Lottery Retailer, or, if that date is not known, one year after the date that BCLC was advised of their change in employment status.